Wednesday, October 25, 2006

They are back

First it was the sampling time and they were there in almost every class. And now, their presence has been confirmed.

Its none other than the politicians of my batch. If you remember, we'd talked about people playing politicians during class participation (CP). Whenever the professor asks a question, they will be ready with an answer that is certainly not connected to the question. But, they will still raise their hands, make their point and leave the question unanswered.

The frequency of such an event happening was comparitively less in the core terms. My section had become a bit more matured term after term, and the amount of relevant content in class participation was getting closer to the better at every stage. I used to think - is it just my section that is doing such Political CP's. It definitely used to be of great importance in keeping the class involved because ten other people got frustrated with every political remark. But, my section is, in fact, far better, compared to the whole batch now. Now I get to see the real diversity in CP and I must tell you - its absolutely hilarious and in the end, it sucks.

Out of the three courses I am doing this term, Innovation has 25% CP. And you should be here to see how much air-time people demand in class. There are some people who just go on and on and on!!! And the first Political CP happened on Day One when we were discussing the Cemex Case and from thereon it has just continued.

Whatever said and done, we should give to them for what they do in class. When the Professor tells that he is unable to understand the point they are making, well, thats almost a clear indication that whatever you have told is shit and doesnt make sense, you must see the extent to which these people go in order to explain their point. they keep beating about the bush, tell all sorts of nonsense and finally make a claim.

I hope I didnt do any of that here!

No comments: