Saturday, January 20, 2007

Celebrity Big Brother

I was wondering when would such things like the Celebrity Big Brother come to India. Well, this was when I was in the UK and I had no knowledge of what was happening in Indian television. And then one day when I was sitting on the couch in my Quad and browsing channels, I saw SET MAX showing an Indian version of the same. Even then, I am quite sure that not too many people knew about Big Brother.

Well, for me, Big Brother is one of the craziest shows in the UK. I have seen like three different series of the show over the two years I was there, with different kinds of people in it - right from the freaks, one time fame entities to people like George Galloway - the MP from Bethnal Green, Faria Alam - who was involved in Sven Goran Eriksson, that cross dresser basketball player from the US whoz name I forget, oh yes, his name is Dennis Rodman, then a couple of other losers who dont care about the world whatsoever.

I mean some of these people are a serious waste for the world. Faria Alam accepted on live TV that she peed on her boyfriends tea becos she thought he cheated her. Thats the level of people you find on that programme. And then we suddenly see that Shilpa Shetty is on the front page of every news paper and the breaking news of every channel. For what I wondered - then I saw BIG BROTHER. I was shocked !!!!

A Indian Actor for such a show. It was perhaps the worst decision she ever made in her life. And all she iz getting paid is somewhere around 300000 Pounds and shez gone through what has been told as racial discrimination in the papers in the last few days. For god's sake why???

I saw some videos of her and the housemates in youtube. I must say I definitely miss the narrator's voice. Its so unique. I'd recognize that anytime in my life. There was one in which she behaves like a typical curious Indian trying to help others by talking to them. I have seen the kind of people who come to participate in Big Brother and they feel so bothered about such kind of people that they get irritated and start reacting back in a bad way. They like it if they are left alone and not cared for so much. Shilpa Shetty for god's sake displays her indian over-caring attitude and then commands respect from them. She tries to make her presence felt, justifies herself - I mean, shez just making a fool of herself.

And then this nonsense about racism and what not. People just needed that speck of dust to make a mountain of it. Then there are some people who are absolutely JOBLESS, let me seriously put it that way, because they went there and protested, also got signatures from people. Then Kiran Desai comes on TV and gives some shit.

Atleast Indian celebrities should understand one thing - its a totally opposite and different world out there. The people in the West do not care a damn about their filmstars. For them, they are just normal people. Only Indian celebrities are considered as demi-gods and role models by the Indians. The sooner they come out of this cloud of attention, the better.

No comments: