Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Term One Ends

Term One got over yesterday. Four exams in two days. No big deal. This was the same situation in BITS for me. So it was nothing new. But for a few here, four was like an overdose of exams.

Starting with Finance and Economics on Monday, the Term ended with Statistics and Marketing Exams on Tuesday.

Finance was interesting. The best part about the Open Book Exam was a section where the Prof has written in the question - Please refer to Page number 37 of handout 2 for any clarifications. I was like "what??". I felt a bit humiliated, but then you know, it just makes work easy if you follow whats written.

Economics was way too funny for a paper. The omly paper where you can be GOD. So, you dont have any cost to produce any good. You decide the market, when competitors get in and all that what follows in the same lines. Then you calculate the price based on any or all of the conditions discussed above. So, my theories on economics were more descriptive rather than being analytical. I always believed that Economics involved a lot of calculations, but you know what - I AM GOD and I decide what to do.

Statistics was more from a business perspective. So all the dirty mathematical work that happened in Probability and Statistics was left to a software called JMP. We call it Jump. Anyway, Stats is a course where I felt anything between comfortable and not comfortable.

Marketing was the final one. When I finished the paper, I felt much better than how I had felt for the other exams. For a moment, I thought that there was one course that actually made me feel interested and involved. Well, we cant say anything just because the scores arent out yet. But definitely, marketing right now, seems to be an exciting course. Hope the excitement continues.

1 comment:

Enakshi said...

So, howz life after the exams??
Having fun?
:D