Friday, June 30, 2006

Optimization, Global Freakonomics and Admissions

It was time to test our knowledge. Well, this happens every two weeks and I am really sick of it.

Workplace was heaven and I am waiting for next April.

I am not going to write about the exams because that is not anywhere close to my area of competence. The last time I did well, atleast I thought I did well, was in 1997. From then on it has been a freefall without any severe disturbance. Must say that there were few shocks - both positive and negative. I dont mind continuing to fall as long as the same parameters hold true.

During the evening, we had a meeting with the Entrepreneurship Cell regarding an elective that is being offered called Planning an Entrepreneurial Venture. The people involved gave us a brief idea of the course and answered our questions. The course by nature is very interesting and stimulating. And I am thinking of taking it up if I manage to generate a few ideas before the registration date.

An Admissions session followed this. The Admissions Team introduced us to its activities for the current year. We, as students will be helping the team in reviewing applications, answering queries, be part of admissions events that happen on campus and things related to that.

In about 30 mins, I have another meeting with the team that is organizing the Editor's Meet tomorrow. Its a big event and we are going to have a lot of people on campus. There's going to be maximum media coverage and we have to live up to the expectations of the external world.

No comments: