Monday, June 26, 2006

Commuter Cupid

I was browsing the METRO website today.

METRO is the free daily I used to pick everyday on my way to work.

It's a mini version of the Times of India.

METRO has started this new section called "COMMUTER CUPID" for Underground Commuters in London.

Looks like the western world is out to do anything for the people or rather the consumers.

The catchline is "Did you spot a fleeting fancy on your way to work in London recently? Let them know by leaving a message"

And this message from one Maria in London was interesting.

I’ve seen you 3 times in total in a period of 6 months in southbound Jubilee line around 8+ in the morning. You are tall, with brown hair, cute small eyes and a beauty mark close to the mouth. You were wearing dark suit with white shirt holding a light brown briefcase from a brand with a French name. All those three times we have been looking at each other. The last time was particularly funny, because the train stopped at Westminster and they had us step out of the train, because there was some sort of mechanical problem. We were sitting side by side glancing shyly to each other.
I am blonde and I get off at London Bridge, while you continue.
I promised to myself that I would talk to you the next time I‘d see you, but I realise that there may not be a next time.

4 comments:

Ms.N said...

This is good... think i'll pick it up the next time i 'm there :D ...think maams of where u wud have been if they had this a year back!

Mama said...

london bridge - there was a girl who used to come to canary wharf to work and she got down there.

Chiranth Channappa said...

Umm, isn't this section pretty old? I remember reading such a section in 2004, maybe it was called something else then.

Chiranth Channappa said...

Umm, isn't this section pretty old? I remember reading such a section in 2004, maybe it was called something else then.