Sunday, January 06, 2008

Taare Zameen Par

I am still not sure how this post is going to turn out. My friends who saw this movie before me told me that they were completely bowled over by the emotional aspects of this movie and were crying and sobbing all through the movie.

Nevertheless, it didn't turn out so bad for me.



Taare Zameen Par (TZP) is a movie for all parents. There is definitely a message inside the movie but we know that cinema always gives an overdose of anything.

Credit goes to whoever has chosen the child to play the part of Ishaan Awasthi (Darsheel). The story revolves around this dyslectic child and he gives meaning to all the characters around him.

Bottomline: Its about your child - how you look at them and treat them. And in many instances you can relate the movie to happenings around you.

Like the mother at home, who always likes the children to remove their shoes at the door, drop the school bag at the right place, then wash your hands, legs and face before touching any food - everything in that fashion. I know that most of us never wanted to do all this, but maybe we did it out of force or like how Ishaan plays the role - we went all out and did totally the opposite.

Then we have the dad - who always thinks that academics and good grades are the only means to have a good career. But sincerely speaking - dad's are not at all like what we see in the movie. This guy is totally annoying and overdoing.

Next comes the brother - I am sure that each and every one of us would have someone like this guy in the family. If not a sibling, but definitely a cousin who can be compared to all the time. This one guy who would be the first in class always, play sports, work like a clock and get the best name from the teachers. Thank god, the elder brother is a very gentle and nice person here.

I still remember - although I wasn't anything like this guy, but I was better than my sister in terms of being disciplined. And the teachers always told my parents - "Is this Narayan's sister?" And then my sister would curse me at home for just entering this world four years earlier than she did. This was pre 10th grade in school. After that she did much much better than I did.



Darsheel at certain instances reminds me totally of sister - careless, not bothering about anything. I can still recount those funny incidents at home - my mom screaming at the top of her voice at 8am and trying everything get my sister ready for an 8.15 school.

Teachers at school - I seriously dont understand the role of teachers. Are they just facilitators or they teach as well? The movie clearly questions the role of teachers in a school and lays emphasis on the fact that they need to play a very important role in nurturing a child's talents by understanding them completely.

Then we have older children in the aparment who bully the young, class mates at school who laugh at you when the teacher shouts at you.

The movie runs with a reasonable pace, giving all the time for Darsheel. No hurry. His expressions are captured at full length. Music is just too good. Shankar Ehsaan Loy at their best again. One song where the child questions his mom is lot of message to the viewers.

Aamir Khan plays the supporting actor. He is the good cop. The teacher who can understand the child and educate the parents. But all through the movie, we can see that he is mostly crying or trying to show that he will cry in the next scene. Very emotional - maybe that's what the character demands but not overdoing anything.

Tis film is part documentary type too. Its more of an education to parents and revelation that says - NEVER COMPARE

1 comment:

best download software said...

Thanks.! for post a movie. They are the one of the best movie of the bollywood.