Thursday, January 17, 2008

Photo Conversations

One of those weekends at home. I want to be totally lazy, watch TV, eat, sleep a little and then waste time when....

Mom: Look at this photo on your profile. It is not at all good. Who will like this?

Me(somewhere at the background): someone will - definitely!

Mom (with that angry and disgusted-about-my-answer look on her face): Definitely not. I myself will not recommend to anyone after looking at this photo. How many times have I told you? Go to the studio and take a nice photo. Dress up well. Put some powder. You know! - the photographer will take a very nice photo.

Me: But mom, the photographer can capture only what's already there. He can't make me look like a supermodel.

Mom: If not a supermodel, then at least he will get you close to look like a first round reject of a supermodel hunt contest.
And did you ever see these photos before uploading them? In all photos, you have a stubble and wild unkempt hair. And why cant you wear good clothes. With a round neck t-shirt and a camera bag hanging by your side, you are looking like one of those tired tourists with huge bags on their back.

Me: They are called backpackers.

Mom (more disgusted): Is that very important for us right now? And what is that black pattern near your kurta in the other photo? I have never seen that?

Me (not really bothered about): Oh, that is ******'s sari pallu. We took the photo standing next to each other. I had to cut the photo and I couldn't get that bit out.

Mom (totally mad): I haven't seen a single photo with just you in it.

Me(grinning): I am popular mom. Everyone needs a photo with Mama.

Mom (totally given up on me now): Yeah keep telling this. If you don't listen to me, you will never get married. Another 5 years will pass. Then your friends' children will also start calling you mama.

2 comments:

VKM said...

:) :)
good one!
:)

Anonymous said...

Hilarious.

Tell u something - if the girl likes u with the stubble and the warts, well then you gotta keeper! Btw, I recommend that you skip the 'powder' bit.