Monday, August 27, 2007

ICICI Credit Cards - Worst Customer Service Ever

ICICI boasts to be the fastest growing bank. What's the point. Their customer service sucks.

When I joined work, I had applied for 2 credit cards. One was Standard Chartered and the other one was ICICI. ICICI went over the board and even promised to give a photo card. Standard Chartered did not do all that. They just promised a simple and value creating card. And they lived up to that. The card reached me in less than 2 weeks of my application - without much hassle. No too many phone calls asking for this photocopy and that verfication. In fact, I had provided the least amount of documentation to these guys and their service was excellent.

Coming to the Indian outfit - ICICI. I applied to the card and from then on, there was no response. After about 15 days of application, I tried calling them. Firt thing I find out - one of the guys who collected my application form has resigned and the other has no connection with the Credit Card team. So, they still havent filed my applciation. No action has been done for 15 days. I sent out a stinker to their manager and then things get in progress. Their executive calls me frantically and then asks for some details, along with proofs. With reluctance, I gave them the documents they asked for. Then is another period of silence. No action for 10 days and then I get a call from a representative, telling me that the application has been filed and it would take 45 days for whole process to get over.

I thought - What the F*** is going on? It takes a bank 10 days to generate a credit card application number and another 45 days to send that card to me! Totally insane.

Who is that Senior Vice President who made such horrible Service Level Agreements? 30 days to verify a person's details and 15 days to generate a credit card number and mail it across to the applicant. I havent seen this happen with any other bank I have ever dealt with.

ICICI boasts that they have 7,000,000 credit card customers and they are still growing. Whats the point.

When Citibank was here, they told us that they dont want to be a JUST ANOTHER BANK. Now I can totally understand that. For Citi, they dont want to service any tom, dick and harry in India. They want to service only premium customers. So they are not even bothered if their customer base doesnt grow at even half the rate at which ICICIs grows. But ICICI wants to just spread like fire and do nothing. They dont want to keep the set of customers who would never default on their card payment, rather they are more worried about getting their sales target.

Well, this is my experience. Maybe you got your card faster. ICICIs poor service level extends to their ATMs as well. Any outlet you enter, to withdraw money, there are atleast 10 people in queue. And this is an ALL DAY situation.

4 comments:

Ms.N said...

hey - they promise a card in 30 days and it comes in 30 days...but otherwise, i think they are pretty great in customer service... and i think they have done a much better job with their netbanking - and in terms of ATMs, please, other banks dont even have as many!

maybe urs was a one off exp

Mama said...

whats the point in having a good network when you have to spend 30 mins outside an ICICI ATM to take YOUR money! the number of ATMs doesnt matter. it matters if you are wasting time in the queue.

ankur said...

agree with Mam here...ICICI is jst another PSU with a pvt label. the most worthless customer facing unit...they hv the balls to read newspapers when customers are in front of them requesting for somethin. one instance it took me an hr to get a statement of my bank acnt...simply cause the printer was an ancient one and churned a page in 5 mins.

on questioning why they hvnt upgraded the printer..the response was a cold "cause its stil working"

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://norafityny.1accesshost.com/pycavyg.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich