Sunday, March 23, 2008

Marketing



I came across this picture during my random images search in Google. It was a big surprise for me!

Although when you look close, this looks like a very bad job done out of Adobe Photoshop, but still, its something totally different and revolutionary.

DOVE - a very famous brand name among Indian households used to run this campaign in the UK where they employed non-ramp-walk models to promote their skin products. So these women who were part of the posters used to be a little on the plump side, nevertheless pretty.

Coming back to this - I am trying to figure out what was in this Brazilian Beer Maker's mind.

I mean, in one way, you could say that the company is trying to tell the world that they have a beer brand that even pregnant women can enjoy. Considering the fact that pregnant women have to keep themselves away from alcohol, which is sometimes a big sacrifice for a lot of women in the west.

A non alcoholic beer for pregnant women? Not just women, but I guess in some way, men as well (some men don't drink for the sake of their partners). OR, are they trying to pack this as a family drink?

On the other hand, aren't they subconsciously sending a disturbing message to the public?

I can also see a somewhat distorted "S", signifying surrogate advertising.

But I am still a bit confused. Do you readers have any MBA related thoughts on this?

No comments: