Thursday, November 05, 2009

Blank

It was food poisoning I thought. I was feeling weird on Monday evening. Went to bed without taking any medicines. On tuesday morning, I had fever. Decided to take it light and had medicines. The fever was under control but I had to go to the doctor in the evening.

Wednesday was spent pretty much in heavy doses of paracetamol. The doctor did not give me any antibiotics because he thought it was just fever.

I got up on around 3am on Thursday. Entered the bathroom and locked the door.

I am lying on the bathroom floor. I am trying to open my eyes, but I am finding it difficult. My head is spinning and there is a feeling that I have been struck by a huge club. I felt like I was falling into an abyss. Heavy noises in my mind and I am going crazy but unable to do anything. Breathing had become extremely difficult and I was nauseous. I still hadn't figured out what had happened. There was a conflict between what I wanted to do - which was, get up on my legs somehow; and what was actually happening to me. One part of my brain was telling me to get up but there was an overpowering force that was just putting me down. I just couldnt think at all.

Seconds after I locked the bathroom door, I had fallen unconscious. And then somehow by God's grace, I regained consciousness.

I am lying face down. I try to push myself up, but I still cannot do anything. I try and hold the water pipe but that does not help. There is pain all over the body. I turn myself around a bit but the spinning never stops. I still cant see anything around me clearly. I start shouting. My dad is woken up and he rushes, but he cannot help. I have locked the door. He is communicating to me and I am able to hear. Cant do much. My body is still failing me. I push myself a little bit towards the door. I am trying to reach the latch but I cant. I try harder and my hands reach the latch but I still cant push it. It was such a difficult moment for me. Almost like escaping from the clutches of a demon. That instance, I almost gave up. There was absolutely no energy left. Few seconds. I tried to reach that latch again. This time I managed to push it. My dad opened the door and dragged me out.

The sweat was gushing out of my body. My body was COLD. I could feel it. There was no strength to do anything.

From then on, it took almost 3 hrs to get back to normal. And 2 bottles of glucose drips.

Now, this is not the best way to start blogging after a break, but certainly is a shocking start. Hoping to get back to normal soon.

6 comments:

Anu Karthik said...

Mama..enna achu? are u ok now? what caused this? and next time don't lock the bathroom door!

Mama said...

some kind of food poisoning. i went into Low BP state and collapsed. glucose drips and some antibiotics restored me into normal. now im very very okay.

Unknown said...

that's bad! hope u are fit and fine now.. take care

Nithya said...

Oh thats unfortunate!! Take care!

Unknown said...

thatz sad mama. has happened a couple of times to me too, though not because of food poisoning. take care and dont ignore symptoms.
- srini

Unknown said...

hey mama, how are you feeling now.. take care man..