Friday, May 18, 2007

Anger at using firearms(3)

Eight days since I blogged last. In the meantime, nothing much has happened in my life. The date for reporting to work got shifted to June 11th now. And who is going to pay me till that day. I have been trying to tell the HR people in my future firm to get me started early and they havent replied to a single email of mine. I have a heart to go and shout at them on Day One. I hope I get a chance to do it during the feedback.

I saw this movie called Just Married yesterday. A movie that brought out some serious stuff about how arranged marriages would work in an Indian setting. Or rather, what would happen in the case of arranged marriages - i mean the stuff that the man and the woman would go through. In a way it was a but over hyped. You know about indian cinema right, they cant keep quiet by saying only the facts, they have to add an extra large volume of gas to the whole concept and make it sound so melodramatic. But yes, good attempt at it.

Many more future father-in-laws have been calling home to speak to my mom and dad. Its interesting to hear to the questions they ask. One guy actually asked for my salary. WTF. Thats the state of arranged marriages in the country. They also say that there is a shortage for girls who are nubile. Not sure if the statistics are right.

While all that is happening, the state high school results were out and the next topic on everyone's mind is ragging. People want to ban ragging - they shouldnt be doing such things. There should be a ban only towards physical ragging. Any other thing should be ok. I mean whats the point in enforcing a rule and cutting off the relationship between a senior and a junior. There is no other way for interaction. And ragging is perhaps the best way to know someone. I knew like 300 of my seniors in the first 10 days of college only because of ragging. And then how can the seniors know the junior girls if there is no ragging. The only way to authoritatively flirt with a junior girl is through ragging. Please NO BAN.

Apple's stock went down by 4 billion dollars because someone sent out a SPAM EMAIL to the outside world saying that this was sent to all Apple Employees. How funny.

Chennai has a runners group. I found that yesterday. They meet every weekend and run for about 20-25 kms. I also heard from them that the local Nike store sponsored pairs of running shoes for some of their runners. Interesting stuff.

And I got myself a CAR. Its a HONDA CITY. I really didnt want to spend a lot of money on a new car and burn my pocket with another loan. I went to a used car dealer I knew from before and I saw this piece lying there. It was an 04 December Auto Transmission model bought in 05 and it had done just 9000 kms. Very Sparingly used and in immculate condition. The owner was relocating to the US and he wanted to sell it off. So I quickly decided to buy this Graphite Pearl colored beast. Pictures later.

This post's title is another clue. Its easy. The answer is within the clue itself. You just have to search for it.

No comments: