Friday, February 16, 2007

The heat is on

Reporting live from Day Zero happenings here at the ISB. Its been a great day I guess. I did not have any interviews. The big names from the consulting world have already setup their camp here. There's people running in suits every nook and corner of the academic center. Shortlists for the way forward are out once in few hours. Its just crazy. Some of them have had more than three rounds of interviews and I hear that some of them have got offers verbally. Although official declarations will be made tomorrow evening.

Some of the big private Indian banks are here too. And I like this new dictionary feature in blogger. its cool. anyway, apart from case interviews and HR interviews for consulting firms, GDs have also started. Interviews are expected to run till pretty later today. Some junta have received their shortlist in the afternoon and interviews have been scheduled in the evening.

The heat is really on! I haven't had my interviews, yet I am having the "butterflies in the stomach" feeling. I can imagine how it would be for the people who have given more than three interviews today for three different firms. there are no words to write about their state of mind.

I don't think I can write anything more. There isn't enough juice to write about anything. But for the first time it seems like the number of consulting offers are being aimed at expanding the pie. I hope some of you can understand what it means. I can't really explain the whole damn thing. Its not complicated but at the same time it cannot be publicized.

Go for it - Class of 2007. Let's Rock!!!

No comments: