Thursday, April 08, 2010

Swimming

Summer time in Chennai. To beat the heat, I decided to join swimming classes. Today was my third class. I am still learning to float properly. My body has become very stiff - I guess its mainly because of going to the gym. Quads are not moving as required. Shoulders are also quite rigid.

Anyway, today the instructor was watching me do the float drill for sometime. And then he also asked me to do the float and kick drill. While I was doing that, (obviously I wasn't doing it right at all), he tried to help me. And then he started.

First, you should take a deep breath. Then push the wall with your legs; go inside the water, keep head down, touch chest with chin and keep your hands straight. You should loosen your body and try to float. While doing all this correctly, you should also start kicking with your legs straight.

The moment he finished this and I started my first try at what he told me, I remembered this sequence below (starting at the 55th second) and I just went straight inside. Took me a few seconds to come back on my feet and bring up head out of water. In process drank some as well. Enjoy

1 comment:

Anu Karthik said...

Funny that you should think of this. I love this sequence in the movie. Kamal at one of his best comic timings ever.