Wednesday, July 18, 2007

More theater and Myself

I continue my review about the play I saw on Sunday. I realized that I had forgotten a few things. Though the play was highly practical and has a strong yet silent message, there were umpteen number of breaks in the play that disturbed the flow. There was a scene change almost every 2-3 minutes and after a point it was rather annoying. I can understand that whatever was done is perhaps justified but maybe the director could have worked out a better way.

Some Chennai Theater goers, especially the ones that land up to watch Tamil Theater - SUCK. They have no etiquette. Rather, they'd think that etiquette is a new ticket that they could buy. Even after announcements to switch off mobile phones, people were busy answering calls. Some entered the hall after 20 mins and then also walked out in the middle. Then there were few who gave laudatory comments after certain dialogs. WTF is wrong with these people. They just couldn't shut their mouth. I hope more people in chennai read this and a general opinion spreads. People really need to be well mannered and respect the efforts put in by the production team.

Yesterday, I was speaking to my cousin who lives in the UK. Somehow she had heard that something other than the usual was happening with my life. After a while she asked me the million dollar question, rather questions I would say - Are you ready? Do you know that the person is THE right one? I was like Hmmm - It depends (like the typical MBA answer), maybe or maybe not. The situation was really like Shah Rukh Khan in Dil To Pagal Hai, when he asks Dixit - "How will I know? Will she hold a placard and tell me Hi, its me and I am the one". And then Dixit says - "He will tell you" and points to the Sky (what she meant is God or the Spirit of whatever). That time it sounded absolutely funny and it even now does. I think this feedback mechanism works for love at first sight. For people who have been through that first sight thing many times, its does not give a steady state answer. And generally, a question like this is mostly a complex polynomial equation with too many variables and dependencies. There is definitely an objective function, followed by certain assumptions and criteria. Ask me and I will never have a perfect answer. Because thats me.

No comments: