Thursday, June 14, 2007

Its Training Time.. Alleluya

"Icebergs are those things that, on the surface, appear much more trivial than they are. Unlike the Titanic, they don’t always sink your project, but they may knock it way off course."

This is what i read from one of the presentations.

For the funniest part, I still havent got my employee id. Today is the fifth day. The latest reason that the HR has found to tell me is - the server has crashed and it will take more than 2 days to rectify that. I was like(in my mind) - Huh!, do you know where you are working? A company that boasts of being one of the top players in the IT services industry. And you tell me that it would take 2 days to get a server up and running. Would you tell something like that to your client?

So if you dont have your id, you cant do anything. No access to any floor. No coffee or tea or lunch without the help of others. YOU CANT EVEN GO TO THE LOO. Because of the funny way in which things are arranged around the office here (projects are demarcated within a single floor through access points), you cant get to any place without the ID card.

Every morning I keep talking to myself that today would be the day the bus driver would check if I had a valid pass and with that feeling I would try and sneak into the bus with that confident look on my face, that look which says that I am one of those old-timers in the organization and you better be smart enough before you pop up any question to me. But yes, if he got brave enough to do that, then I dont know what to say. I definitely cant tell him that the SERVER CRASHED.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

mama.. 5 days is nothing.. people who joined here got their ID's after 10 days :-))))) everything here sucks big time.. here we get reasons like "it's delayed from Chennai office- we cant do much" :D

Anonymous said...

this has to change. if i dont do it, alteast i will initiate the change before i leave.

Vivek Manjeri said...

mama,
hahahahha..the last para was really funny .