Friday, March 09, 2007

Global Social Venture Competition

The GSVC Asia Semi Final has started in ISB today. We had the elevator pitch and it was awesome to see 16 teams on the stage. Our team is there as well. I am thrilled that we are part of a global competition. Our team is one of the 16 and we have 5 ISB teams in total. I hope ISB wins the semis.

For the people from the next batch who read my blog, I am going to be in campus for the orientation. I have been nominated - Can I say that? You get invited to be here to meet the next batch. Its a privilege rather. Whatever.

I remember the last new product development class and the Prof by mistake asked the students to relate their work experience to the case study in hand. I guess she would have definitely realized that she had made the worst mistake in her 5 classes at the ISB. The students never stopped. They went on and on and on about their experiences in the IT firms they have worked with. I mean its all the same. Its the same alcohol in different bottles. And you know the MBA students at the ISB - given a chance to talk and also the fact that there are points for class participation, they will talk till their last breath. And there will always be one extraordinary creature who will add on to what one guy has said, because he doesn't have anything to say from his own mind. Rather he is too dumb to talk something sensible.

We had Leadership lessons from World Literature too. Our group did an awesome presentation on Shakuntala and Dushanta - the Kalidasa version. Well, I made use of my leadership development program to the best. Walked into the leadership space, took control of the audience, made the right gestures and pauses. Pretty impressive I must say. Oh Narayan, would you please stop this nonsense. But yeah, it would have helped if I had done some more preparation. And yes, speaking to a big crowd is a piece of cake - ain't it?

Strategic Partnerships is another course that is leading me into a totally different plane about strategy and decisions. The course content is phenomenal. Its a must for all, no matter what major you are doing. The kind of insights that you get from this course makes you think like a CEO. Well, thats too much gas for a day eh.

So thats the status about my courses this term on campus. When its weekend, people just take off for a nice vacation to anywhere nearby. Official countdowns have begun, people have started writing that as their status message on GTalk and Yahoo. Some people are just getting wasted every day.

And last Tuesday was my worst day on campus. I had 4 classes the next day and 5 assignments to submit on the same day. And then about a 100 pages to read too. I was totally stretched for time. I am the only guy on campus who had this misfortune, that too in Term 8. Ciao.

2 comments:

Siddharth said...

stop whining abt assignments mama.

Mama said...

well, i need to do that. thats all i can do.